Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Vegas to Utah


Vegas to Utah
Originally uploaded by mpyre9.
I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that Southern Utah waould be so beautiful. I rode to Zion National Park and was mesmerized by what I saw. I don't even think I can put it into words. I know, rocks are rocks, but they're not. I took an hour and a half tour via shuttle to see some of this park. The picture shows two of the three patriarchs, Isaac and Jacob. I will come back here for a more extended stay.

I continued on to Bryce Canyon and Red Rock Canyon. Stunning views were everywhere, and my eyes couldn't take it all in. Bryce has these rock formations called Hoodoos. They are formed by erosion of course, but look like no other. Unfortunately, my camera battery died so I wasn't able to get any pics. I decided to camp at Bryce for the night, and not head towards Canyonlands. It was completely worth it. I was graced with Alex and Ellen from Pennsylvania who were hiking Bryce. They joined me at my fire, and it was very nice to talk with these two and get to know them a little. One of the greatest things about this trip is the number of folks I have met.

The following morning, I caught a sunrise at Sunset Point, It was the most unique place I've ever been. Colors, light, all playing a part in this spectacular park. You simply must see it in person.

I left shortly after for a very very very long ride (12 hours) to Colorado to see my sister, brother in law, and new neice Amber. Dinner, a couple of beers, and I was down for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home