Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Twain shall never meet

So I rode to Hannibal Missouri today. Hannibal is home to Mark Twain. I don't know why but I picture towns of literary noteriety differently. Not saying the town was bad, just different. This town is not shy about promoting its native son. There have to be over a dozen places named either for Twain, Clemens, Injun Joe, and the like. I decided to avoid these places and fell upon The Other Place where I had a nice meal and a cool drink. I met some nice people and was told to go back the next day for the first biker dayz. Seems like I was a day early. Maybe I'll head up there tomorrow on my way to Illinois (I think I'm going to Illinois). Tonight I got to St. Louis. I tried to hook up with some hashers, but couldn't swing it. Pampering myself with a hotel for the night. Time for a beer or four, some grub and sleep. Thanks for reading. Keep those comments coming, they're making me smile.

On Out
M
Sent via BlackBerry courtesy of CTC Wireless.

4 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your adventures. Thought I would send some beer humor for your trip. Enjoy!

ON-ON and Happy Trails

http://www.jakesjokes.com/video/playmedia50_Wmedia.html

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry.....part of address cut off.


http://www.jakesjokes.com/video/
playmedia50_Wmedia.html

ON-ON

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Matt said...

dude you should write a travelguide when you get back.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Heidi Flash said...

HEY! Did you make part of your plan to stop in VA???? The Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Hash has no pre-registration fees or limitations. OH! And we hash on - ummm - Tuesday. :) I'll even promise you won't have to pack up and leave at 5:00 in the morning! Unless you want to.

How come we got no pics of your new neice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home