Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ohio

So my plan was to meet Rusty at his place and hang out, but he told me Sin City was hashing that day. I decided to detour a little south to hash. Forgetting about the time change, I was an hour behind, and had to make a mad dash to Cincinatti. It was ok because like most hashes, they run late. I met many nice people in Sin City, and ran a very fine hash. Lots of hills, a nice combination of trail and road, and did I mention HILLS?

At circle I was asked to sing a song, and at Rusty's suggestion, I sang Old McHasher... I then volunteered the mailman song, and please tell me why. Folowing that, Rusty, Son of a Nun, and I went back to Dayton for the night. We got some pizza and a few beers. Ear showed up, and spent some time, but since she's "training" for a M, didn't partake of the festivities. We'll get her after she finishes this thing.

My plan was to leave bright and early the next day and head towards Ashville. That plan, like many others this trip failed, and I found myself going on a geocache (http://www.geocaching.com/) with Ear and Son of a Nun. It was a nice find, and we treated ourselves to real Dayton Ice Cream afterwards. Getting home, Ear and I looked at the maps to figure my best route to Ashville, and then I was off.

Traveling on highways all day really takes it out of you. Once I got past Cincy, The road was pretty scenic. I had to pass through Kentucky, and back into Tennessee. Little did I know, (actually I had been warned) that there was a 12 mile backup just before Knoxville. It was getting late, and I was ready to be closer to home, so I did the only thing I could think of. I rode the left shoulder all the way to the front. I mean, there was no movement. People were out of their cars, engines off. There was a small football game going on, so there was no danger. Now most people were ok with it, as I stopped often to see if anyone knew what was happening. I did get a few ugly comments though. Honestly, I've been called worse things by better people. I pressed on, and got to my last hotel around 12:30 AM just West of Ashville. The Desk Clerk said he would watch my bike so I didn't have to unpack the whole thing. I slept well for 5 hours, and then it was time to finish this adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home